We are excited to have our very first guest post by Tracey from Adventure Snacks who believes our kids deserves the best organic and nutritious food we can give them, and quite frankly we agree!
These peanut butter balls are really easy to make, and are packed with good fats and protein. We love peanut butter, so they didn't last long in our house! If your school has a 'no-nuts' policy, then these make the perfect after school "I'm staaarving" snack to fill them up before dinner time. They're also delicious with a cup of tea once the kids are in bed!
Feel free to try different combinations of ingredients, or roll the balls in desiccated coconut, chia seeds or crushed nuts for extra goodness.
- 1 Cup organic rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup flaxseed meal (LSA would also work)
- 5 Tbs natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbs honey (or rice malt syrup)
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and a dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll a tablespoon at a time into balls, then store in the fridge.
Don't have time to make from scratch? Shop here: http://www.adventuresnacks.com.au/collections/all