We love our beautiful planet and we have decided to try and live in harmony with Mother Nature rather than against her. This for us means living with less waste, consciously buying materials that are plastic-free (or even better biodegradable), upcycling, reusing, composting, and getting creative! YES we are self-confessed sustainability nerds!! On our journey we've realised there is no "away" when the rubbish truck comes so we want to rely on this less in our business and have less waste in the first place.
Unlike natural materials like glass and paper, plastic never fully breaks down (eeeek, scary huh!). This means that every piece of plastic that we use in our life-time will still be on this planet in many generations time. Choosing to be mainly plastic-free by using GLASS bottles designed to be REFILLED and REUSED is a huge part of our sustainability ethos.
On top of that, every aspect behind the scenes in SNB has been considered to reduce our ecological impact, from our suppliers through to our packaging :
- Our distilled water comes in REFILLABLE 20 litre containers
- We return our empty essential oil bottles back to our suppliers to be REUSED
- We REUSE boxes for our deliveries to stockists
- Packaging for all online orders is all COMPOSTABLE and we shred old newspaper and paperwork for the filling. We use mainly RECYCLED BOXES from Betta Boxes
- Paperwork is SHREDDED for packaging, COMPOSTED or put in the WORM FARM to create beautiful nourishing compost or worm castings to put back onto our veggie patch.
All products are made after cleaning our teeth with our compostable bamboo toothbrush, while sipping on homemade kombucha through a stainless steel straw (you get the picture!). Basically we live and breathe this lifestyle, and it makes us feel more connected and purposeful in our lives.