My friend text me the other day despairing that she hates cleaning (we're feeling you sister!) and needs some motivational tips. Here are by 6 tips to inspire your inner cleaner:
1. Make it as FUN as possible, blast your favourite dance or sing-along songs to boost your motivation and get your body moving, sorry neighbours!
2. Pop on the ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER with some invigorating citrus oils like Orange the oil of joy or Peppermint which is super refreshing and will put a pep in your step!
3. Do ONE ROOM AT A TIME. Start with the rooms you use or hang out in the most – ie. Kitchen, lounge. Then if you give up after one or two rooms (which we do all the time!) at least where you spend most of your time will be spic and span (just close the doors to those other rooms, hehe).
4. Choose NATURAL PRODUCTS so you're creating a beautiful green nest that is safe and nurturing for everyone under your roof. Rest easy knowing your not smothering you home in toxic chemicals that can have terrible health effects.
5. ASK FOR HELP newsflash, others can’t read our minds so we need to ASK rather than feeling like we’re doing it aaaall by ourselves and no-one even notices how clean the 'INSERT OBJECT HERE' is. (are you feeling me here!?) If you live with anyone else, kids, house mates, partners, girlfriends, husbands, make sure you don’t try and do it all by yourself. I’ve asked Mr SNB to put on a load of washing on the weekends because I’m busy at the markets and I’ll do the mid-week load. Empower your kids by teaching them how to do the dishes, setting the table, hanging out the laundry, or vacuuming - doing yourself a favour and giving them great life skills that their future boyfriend / girlfriend / husband or wife will thank you for down the track!
6. DON'T KEEP UNREALISTIC STANDARDS. As long as everyone is your home is fed, bathed and happy then let the rest go! If you can’t be effed, then do it another time (or refer to Step 5). By having a home that isn't perfect, you're giving any family and friends that come over permission to do the same! Feel that pressure dissipate? They'll love you for it too next time you're popping over to their place.
6. And of course the most important step, REWARD YOURSELF (and your helpers) afterwards whether it’s a trip to the beach, a chilled kombucha or beer, a warm bath with salts + essential oils, reading that mag in the back yard, or anything that you enjoy doing!
Shop online for natural cleaning and home products and be one step closer to loving cleaning! (or hating it less!) http://secondnaturebotanicals.com.au/shop/